Employment at MicroXact, Inc.
MicroXact is committed to the company's policy of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. MicroXact will continue to recruit, hire, train, and promote people in all job titles, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, or history of disability (except where physical or mental abilities are a bona fide occupational requirement and the individual is not able to perform the essential functions of the position even with reasonable accommodations), gender (unless gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), status as a veteran, uniformed service, or other protected characteristic. We will base all decisions on merit so as to further the principle of equal employment opportunity. This policy extends to all personnel actions, including compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, return from layoff, company-sponsored training, education, tuition assistance, and social and recreation programs.
Health Insurance - Premiere plans with family coverage available.
Dental Plan - Major, preventative and basic coverage. Family coverage available.
Life Insurance / Accidental Death & Dismemberment provided at two times salary. Family coverage available.
Short & Long-term Disability Coverage
Simple IRA- MicroXact Inc. makes matching contributions equal to 100% of Elective Deferrals that does not exceed 3% of annual compensation.
PTO -120 hours per year.
Holidays 10 days per year
Current Openings (1 Full-Time Positions Available)
Job Location: 295 Industrial Drive, Christiansburg, VA, 24073
Job Type: Full Time
Education: MS degree in Materials Science, Electrical Engineering or related fields
% of Travel Required: Up to 25%
Researches and carries out the complex and/or innovative engineering assignments requiring the development of new or improved products, methods, techniques, and procedures. Contributes to and has responsibility for completion of significant special assignments with broad product, technology investment and integration, customer and strategic impact.
1. Will be involved in the development and fabrication of semiconductor devices.
2. Will be responsible for the preparation of technical documentation, developing new processes, as well as writing reports.
3. Leads or assists in external programs with universities/ institutions.
4. Facilitates the development and professional growth of assigned technician(s).
5. Maintains a safe work environment for self and others.
6. Performs other duties as required or assigned.
1. MS degree in Materials Science, Electrical Engineering or related fields or higher.
2. 2+ years R&D with semiconductor or MEMS processing is highly desired.
3. Experience with electrochemical processes is a plus
4. Excellent technical writing and presentation skills.
5. Experience using state-of-the-art characterization tools (SEM, EDS, XPS, Spectrometry, etc.) is required.
6. Interpersonal, organizational and problem solving skills.
7. Ability to "switch" between different research and technological areas.
8. U.S. citizenship or permanent residency is strictly required.
Also, MicroXact, Inc. has numerous STUDENT INTERNSHIP POSITIONS available for physics and engineering students in the region. Send us your resume or contact us for more information: email@example.com